I’m doing the Whispering Giant Tour this year. This tour involves getting your bike and a rally flag in a picture with the Whispering Giants. They are located in almost every state and in Canada. The sculptures honor Native Americans and native peoples of other countries. This link provides the locations. This link is to a newspaper article about the tour. I have posted pics below of the Giants I have visited thus far.
Clicking the pictures will enlarge them on your screen. This will allow the rally flag numbers to be seen.
Peter Wolf Toth’s Gallery in Edgewater, FL
I had the honor of meeting with the artist, Peter Wolf Toth, when I went down to Florida for the 2015 Daytona Bike Week rally. Meeting him and seeing his gallery was one of the highlights of the trip. I didn’t get my bike in the pic because there was nowhere to park where I could get the gallery sign in the pic.
This is giant # 21 in Ocean City, MD.
This is Giant # 22 in Bethany Beach, DE. This giant didn’t have a plaque.
This is Giant # 19 in Virginia Beach, VA.
Giant # 60 in North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Giant # 55 in Johnson City, TN
Giant # 63 in Cherokee, NC
September 2015 – Signs at the Cherokee Indian Reservation in NC
One sign indicates that I was leaving the reservation. The other sign is a welcome sign at the reservation’s visitor center.
This is my last bonus point achievement. According to the rules,
“A Massachusetts state flag hung from any flagpole where the flag is clearly discernible.” Okay, I wasn’t able to make it to Massachusetts, so I bought a little state flag and a little flag pole. The flag, pole, and my rally flag are clearly in the picture with my bike. So, I believe I earned the 5 points…
Points achieved: 110 points
- 5 bonus points for Peter Wolf Toth’s Studio in Edgewater, FL
- 10 points for Giant # 21 in Ocean City, MD
- 10 points for Giant #22 in Bethany Beach, DE
- 10 points for Giant #19 in Virginia Beach, VA
- 10 points for Giant # 51 in Akron, OH
- 10 points for Giant # 6 in Sharon, PA
- 10 points for Giant # 7 in Dunkirk, NY
- 10 points for Giant # 60 in North Bay, Ontario, Canada
- 10 points for Giant # 55 in Johnson City, TN
- 10 points for Giant # 63 in Cherokee, NC
- 10 bonus points for indian reservation signage in NC.
- 5 bonus points for the pic with the Massachusetts state flag.
This tour was a lot of fun. I wish I had more free time to find more of the giants.